The second day of the FIA Karting European Championship KZ and KZ2 and of the FIA Karting Academy Trophy saw the drivers of the three categories compete in the Qualifying Heats that will determine the starting grid for the finals. But as well as their rivals, they also had to face the high temperatures and humidity that are characterizing this weekend of racing at the Adria Karting Raceway. Only tomorrow, at the end of the last round of heats, will we know the final rankings.
KZ: Simo Puhakka makes 2 out of 2.
- Simo Puhakka (Tony Kart Racing Team – Tony Kart – Vortex) is the leader of the provisional KZ classification at the end of Saturday, thanks to the two victories obtained starting from the second spot on the grid. The Finn takes led all laps of both races and also scored a fastest lap.
- In second place we find Marijn Kremers (Birel ART Racing – Ricciardo Kart – TM Racing), who scored second and a third place. The World Champion climbed ahead of the poleman Alessandro Irlando (Birel ART Racing – Birel ART – TM Racing) who instead took home a third and fourth position.
- Riccardo Longhi (Birel ART Racing – Birel ART – TM Racing) gains one position, thanks to a seventh and a second place in the second heat after a great start. The Italian shares the same number of penalty points with Matteo Viganò (Leclerc By Lennox Racing – Birel ART – TM Racing), who yesterday posted the ninth time in qualifying and today sits in fifth place after scoring a 4th and a 5th place. The Italian also signed the other fastest lap of the day in the second heat.
- Lorenzo Camplese (SC Performance – Tony kart – Vortex), sixth, loses two positions with respect to qualifying, and precedes Adrien Renaudin (Sodikart – Sodi – TM Racing) and Stan Pex (KR Motorsport – KR – TM Racing).
- Noah Milell (Tony Kart Racing Team – Tony Kart – Vortex) and Jeremy Iglesias (Formula K Racing Team – Formula K – TM Racing) round out the top-10.
- In 11th position we find Paolo Ippolito (CRG – CRG – TM Racing), involved in a contact in the last hea with Francesco Celenta (Praga Racing Team – Praga- TM Racing), who instead is 17th at the end of the day. Fabian Federer (SRP Racing Team – Maranello Kart – TM Racing), 12th, precedes Mirko Torsellini (KR Motorsport – KR – IAME) and Davide Forè (Renda Motorsport – Birel ART – Vortex) ,while the reigning European Champion Jorrit Pex (KR Motorsport – KR – TM Racing) is 15th after failing to take part in yesterday’s Qualifying.
KZ2: impressive consistency by Viktor Gustavsson.
- It was a perfect day for Viktor Gustavsson (Leclerc By Lennox Racing – Birel ART – TM Racing), who clinched two victories and as many fastest laps that lifted him to the top of the KZ2 ranking. However, the day’s program included only two heats for the Swede, who precedes Simone Cunati (Modena Kart ASD – Birel ART – TM Racing), who also scored two wins together with a second place.
- In third position we find Paavo Tonteri (SC Performance – Tony Kart – Vortex), who takes home a first and two second places, followed by Giuseppe Palomba (Birel ART Racing – Birel ART – TM Racing), second in all the heats he took part in and with a best lap.
- Leonardo Marseglia (Birel ART Racing – Birel ART – TM Racing), another driver from Group B with only two heats raced, follows in fifth position with a penalty point more than Palomba. Giacomo Pollini (Formula K Racing Team – Formula K- TM Racing), with two third places, is sixth, followed by Jean Nomblot (CPB Sport – Sodi – TM Racing) and Tom Leuillet (Praga Racing Team – Prague – TM Racing).
- Jean Luyet (D.E.L. Motorsport – CRG – TM Racing) and Arthur Carbonnel (CPB Sport – Sodi – TM Racing), the first with two disputed heats, close the top-10 of the provisional ranking.
- You have to go down to 19th position, instead, to find poleman Danilo Albanese (KR Motorsport – KR – IAME,) who suffered a technical issue in the second heat which compromised his two victories. Kristijan Habulin (TB Kart – TB Kart – TM Racing) climbs 11 positions, just outside the top-10, ahead of Davide De Marco (KR Motorsport – KR – IAME), Vyacheslav Putyatin (CPB Sport – Sodi – TM Racing) and Senna Van Walstjin (CPB Sport – Sodi – TM Racing).
- Natalia Balbo (Formula K Racing Team – Formula K- TM Racing), who scored a fourth and a sixth place, sits in 26th position in the ranking due to a contact in the initial stages of the last heat of the day, after which she came home in 20th place.
Academy: Jonathan Weywadt takes the lead.
- With a win and a third place, the Danish Jonathan Weywadt takes the top of the provisional classification of the FIA Karting Academy Trophy, on the same penalty points with Connor Zilisch, also capable of a first and a third place.
- Maxime Furon-Castelain is in third position thanks to a fourth place and a win obtained in his second heat that allowed him to stay ahead of Maceo Capietto, who obtained second places instead.
- Alex Powell, third and second today, precedes the poleman Keanu Al Azhari, who scored a win but also a sixth place.
- In the top ten also Tom Braeken, Eron Rexhepi and Schu Dozono who recovered 4 positions.