OK: Antonelli is super
- Let’s face it, in these qualifying, all the eyes were on Taylor Barnard (Rosberg Racing – KR – IAME) and Andrea Kimi Antonelli (KR Motorsport – KR – IAME), the two championship leaders separated by only 7 points and with a solid margin on the closest opponents. The first round of this showdown went certainly to Antonelli, who scored the Pole with a super time of 46,942. The Englishman, on the other hand, could not do better than a 13th place, with a gap of 3 tenths from the Italian.
- Second place overall for Lorenzo Patrese (KR Motorsport – KR – IAME) who with his 47,240 clocked the best time in group 1.
- The best of the fourth and last group of the OK drivers who took to the track was Luigi Coluccio (Kosmic Kart Racing Department – Kosmic – Vortex), who with a time of 47,255 sits third in the qualifying ranking ahead of Norton Andreasson (Ward Racing – Tony Kart – Vortex).
- The fifth place in the general qualifying ranking goes to Joe Turney (Tony Kart Racing Team – Tony Kart – Vortex). The Englishman, fourth in championship standings, took part in qualifying in group two, the same as Antonelli, and was the only one able to contain the gap in less than 2 tenths (0.164, to be precise). Behind Turney we find Nikolas Pirttilahti (Pantano Team – KR – IAME), sixth.
- Seventh place for Nikita Bedrin (Ward Racing – Tony Kart – Vortex) who in the championship, with his 40 points, is currently third, behind Barnard and Antonelli.
- Rounding out the top 10, from eighth to tenth position, we find Rafael Camara (Forza Racing – Exprit – TM Racing), Juho Valtanen (Pantano Team – KR – IAME) and Matheus Morgatto (Birel Art Racing – Birel Art – TM Racing ).
- Unfortunately, Lorenzo Travisanutto (Parolin Racing Kart – Parolin – TM Racing) seems to reap no benefits from the team switch for now : the transition from Tony Kart to Parolin has not helped him to find the performances he had accustomed us to and which have earned him two World Championships so far.
OKJ: Powell precedes championship leader Ugochukwu
- Alex Powell (KR Motorsport – KR – IAME), with a time of 48.381, clinched the absolute Pole in OKJ. The Jamaican, who took to the track in group 2, precedes the championship leader, Ugo Ugochukwu (KR Motorsport – KR – IAME) in the qualifying classification, the best in group 3 and less than a tenth slower of the policeman.
- Gowda Dion (Ricky Flynn Motorsport – Kosmic Kart – Vortex) surprises everyone with a third position in ahead of one of the well-known names of the category, that of Brando Badoer (KR Motorsport – KR – IAME).
- In fifth absolute position we find one of the contenders for the title, Arvid Lindblad (KR Motorsport – KR – IAME). The Englishman, third in the championship, precedes his countryman Harley Keeble (Tony Kart Racing Team – Tony Kart – Vortex) and the Norwegian Martinius Stenshorne (Rosberg Racing Academy – KR – IAME)
- The top ten were closed by Aiden Neate (Tony Kart Racing Team – Tony Kart – Vortex), Rafael Modonese (Leclerc by Lennox Racing – Birel ART – TM Racing) and Sonny Smith (Pantano Team – KR – IAME).
- To find the second in the championship, we have to go down a few positions, down to 16th: Tuukka Taponen (Tony Kart Racing Team – Tony Kart – Vortex), perhaps not as brilliant today as usual, will still start from a good position on the starting grid.