A day totally dedicated to the heats that came to an end at the Kartódromo Internacional do Algarve (POR). After the first two heats in the wet, the races were all held under the sun, in dry conditions. Only tomorrow, after the last scheduled heats, will we know the starting grids of the finals.
OK: Barnard is perfect
Tires: Le Cont
- Taylor Barnard (Rosberg Racing Academy - KR - IAME) is practically flawless and wins all three heats he takes part in. The Englishman is therefore the undisputed leader of the provisional intermediate ranking. Rain is expected for Sunday, which could shuffle the cards on the table, but at the moment he seems to be the driver to beat.
- In second place we find Lorenzo Travisanutto (Parolin Racing Kart - Parolin - TM Racing) who wins one heat and gets a third place as his worst result. The reigning World Champion seems to be back to the level he accustomed us to.
- Third place, thanks to two second places and a fourth, for Callum Bradshaw (Tony Kart Racing Team - Tony Kart - Vortex) who precedes a surprising Markus Kajak (Ward Racing - Tony Kart - Vortex), also able to win a heat, despite always starting from the fifth row.
- The poleman Matheus Morgatto (Birel ART Racing - Birel ART - TM Racing) does not go beyond a third place as the best result of the day and sits in fifth position, ahead of Pedro Hiltbrand (Tony Kart Racing Team - Tony Kart - Vortex), also able to grab the third step of the podium in the heats.
- Great day for Rafael Camara (Forza Racing - Exprit - TM Racing) who after a bad qualifying yesterday, today gets a 2nd, a 4th and a 7th place despite starting from the seventh row. The Brazilian precedes Luigi Coluccio (Kosmic Kart Racing Department - Kosmic -Vortex) also capable of a 2nd place, but records also a 10th-place finish.
- The provisional top 10 is rounded by Morgan Peter (Argenti Motorsport - KR - IAME) and Joseph Turney (Tony Kart Racing Team - Tony Kart - Vortex). Both very convincing from the performance point of view , they are also the first in the ranking to have completed the 4 heats scheduled before the final, therefore, they cannot accumulate further penalties.
- Really difficult day for Andrea Kimi Antonelli (KR Motorsport - KR - IAME). The Italian, always very fast and among the favorites for the title, starts off on the wrong foot with a fifth place in the first heat of the day. In the second, things go even worse, when he is hit on the first lap and finishes 20th. He then climbs back up to 8th position, but the 5 second penalty for the incorrect position of the front fairing demotes him down to 15th. he wins, however, his last heat of the day. At the moment he is 11th, but he still has to run a heat on Sunday morning.
OKJ: Ho in the lead
- Christian Ho (Sauber Karting Team - KR - IAME) after four heats is the best of the OK Junior category. The Sauber Karting Team driver scored a victory, two seconds and a third place that earned him the leadership of the day.
- Poleman Brando Badoer (KR Motorsport - KR - IAME) loses one position in the overall standings with respect to qualifying. The Italian records a win, a second and two third places.
- In third place Evan Giltaire (Sodikart - Sodi - TM Racing) and Tymoteusz Kucharczyk (Birel ART Racing - RK - TM Racing), both accumulated nine penalty points.
- Excellent day for Ugo Ugochukwu (Sauber Karting Team - KR - IAME), the reigning European champion recovered nine positions compared to qualifying and gained the provisional fifth place.
- Sixth position for Freddie Slater (Ricky Flynn Motorsport - Kosmic kart - Vortex), constantly in the top spots with three seconds and a fourth place.
Seventh Arvid Lindblad (KR Motorsport - KR - IAME) who straightens out yesterday's bad day. The Englishman gained 26 positions thanks to a victory, two fifths and an eighth place.
- Nikola Tsolov (DPK Racing - KR - IAME) confirms his eighth position, while in ninth we find Harry Burgoyne (KR Motorsport - KR - IAME) climbing eleven positions. Keanu Al-azhari (DPK Racing - KR - IAME) closes the provisional top ten.
- Difficult day for Ean Eyckmans (Kosmic Racing Department - Kosmic - Vortex), the official Kosmic Racing Department driver lost eight positions compared to qualifying and sits twelfth place.
- Thanks to their comebacks, Al-dhaheri Rashid (Parolin Racing Kart - Parolin - TM Racing) and Martinius Stenshorne (Leclerc by Lennox Racing - Birel ART - TM Racing) improve the bad qualifying on Friday. The two will face the last of tomorrow’s heat respectively being twentieth and twenty-fourth places in the general classification.