[translated with Google]
MINI Gr.3: Masterpiece by a phenomenal Iskender Zulfikari
- Once again, Iskender Zulfikari (Babyrace Driver Academy – Parolin – IAME) emerged in an extremely intense and contested final. After being overtaken by Dean Hoogendoorn (Kidix Driver Performance – Alonso Kart – IAME) at the start, the reigning WSK Open Cup and WSK Final Cup champion has to deal with Pietro Bagutti (AV Racing – Parolin – TM Racing), responding immediately to the attack of the young Italian to get back in pursuit of the leader. The fresh winner of the Winter Cup manages to catch Hoogendoorn and takes the lead on lap seven, but then he even has to contend with Keelan Harvick (Babyrace Driver Academy – Parolin – IAME). The son of Kevin Harvick, winner of the Daytona 500 in 2007 and the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series in 2014, overtook his teammate at the start of the final lap, but Zulfikari responded with an incredible maneuver outside the chicane. It might almost be hard to believe one's eyes, but the Turkish driver achieved his fourth consecutive success on the Lonato circuit. Another twist arrives at the end of the race, when the Babyrace Driver Academy driver is disqualified for having intentionally repositioned the front fairing that had come off. An appeal is lodged against the stewards' decision and the standings then become sub judice.
- Vladimir Ivannikov (Gamoto – EKS – TM Racing) also juggles excellently in a hectic final, earning the silver medal and seeing the victory fade by just 63 thousandths. Following a complicated start from sixth on the grid, the reigning vice-champion of the WSK Open Cup expresses his ability to recover and reaffirms his role as the absolute protagonist.
- The comeback by Bogdan Cosma-Cristofor (Team Driver Racing Kart – KR – IAME) is equally remarkable, recovering in great style after a difficult start from the external front row. The young Romanian grabbed the third step of the podium with a lot of fastest lap and concluded his first race with the Driver Racing Kart Team in a WSK series on a positive note.
- Also the authors of extraordinary comebacks were Friday's poleman Ilia Berezkin (Team Driver Racing Kart – KR – IAME), fourth, and William Calleja (Parolin Motorsport – Parolin – TM Racing), fifth after finding himself third at the start of the last lap.
- The fresh runner-up of the Winter Cup Keelan Harvick, sixth at the finish line, and Dean Hoogendoorn, seventh after holding the reins of the race for more than half the race, are feeling the effects of the final tussle after having tasted the leadership. Even Pietro Bagutti (AV Racing – Parolin – TM Racing) lost ground in the final phase, eighth after having fought for the podium.
- The top ten closes thanks to convincing performances by Bosco Chavarri Arias (Team Driver Racing Kart – KR – IAME) and Dario Francois Kerdal (Team Driver Racing Kart – KR – IAME).
Results (Sub Judice)
MINI Gr.3 U10: Masterful race by an unstoppable Oleksandr Legenkyi
- Oleksandr Legenkyi (Team Driver Racing Kart – KR – IAME) proves to be impeccable also in the final and wins in great style. Started well from pole, the dominator of the heats and of Prefinal A was overtaken by Leonardo Gorski (Babyrace Driver Academy – Parolin – IAME) on lap seven, but responded during the following lap to take back the reins of the race. The driver of the Team Driver Racing Kart is then attacked by Antoine Sylva Venant (Kidix Driver Performance – KR – IAME) at the beginning of the final lap and, once again, is able to reply. The young Ukrainian sees a gap right at the last corner and slips in without hesitation to achieve success.
- He therefore has to settle for the place of honor and the fastest lap Antoine Sylva Venant. After skilfully juggling the tussle and masterfully overtaking Legenkyi, Friday's poleman and recent winner of the Winter Cup commits a carelessness in the last corner, not closing the trajectory and thus opening the door to his opponent.
- He climbs to the third step of the podium after having tasted the leadership Leonardo Gorski, who is accompanied on the grass by Venant when the two find themselves in pairs while battling for second position. The bearer of the Babyrace Driver Academy expresses his maturity and concludes an excellent weekend with the bronze medal.
- Lorenzo Leopardi (LGK Racing Kart – Birel ART – TM), fourth, Albert Tamm (Babyrace Driver Academy – Parolin – IAME), fifth following a difficult start from the external front row, and Maximus Unt ( Ward Racing – Tony Kart – TM), sixth after having fought for the podium in the initial phase of the race.
- The top ten is completed thanks to convincing performances by Maxim Bobreshov (Babyrace Driver Academy – Parolin – IAME), seventh, Roland Nagy (ERT Racing Team – Parolin – TM), eighth and author of an extraordinary comeback of 14 positions, Achille Rea (CRG Racing Team – CRG – TM), ninth, and Alessandro Truchot (Parolin Motorsport – Parolin – TM), tenth.
- On the other hand, the fresh vice-champion of the Winter Cup David Moscardi (AV Racing – Parolin – TM Racing) lost a position close to the top ten, demoted from 11th place to 13th by a penalty due to a nose in the wrong position, while a another protagonist of the weekend such as Henri Kumpen (Babyrace Driver Academy – Parolin – IAME) even slipped as far as 25th place in an excited final. The taste is even more bitter for Antoni Ociepa (Gold Kart Racing Team – Righetti Ridolfi – IAME), who is unable to even start due to ignition problems suffered by his engine.