[Translated with Google]
Activity continues on the track for the first round of the WSK Super Master Series on the South Garda Karting circuit in Lonato. After the first day of Friday, in which the qualifications and the first qualifying heats took place, on Saturday all the remaining heats for the four categories present in the race were held: KZ2, OK, OKJ and MINI. The starting grids for Sunday's pre-finals were then decided.
KZ2: Trefilov wins the momentary fight against Van Walstijn
- Change of leader in the KZ2 category. David Trefilov (Maranello SRP Factory Team - Maranello - TM Racing) makes no mistakes in the three qualifying heats and takes home two wins and a second place: just enough to "steal" the first position from Senna Van Walstijn (Sodikart - Sodikart - TM Racing).
- Van Walstijn, author of the best lap during qualifying yesterday, obtained a victory, a third place and a fourth in the three qualifying heats, but they are not enough to maintain the leadership in the general classification. The Dutchman will still start from pole position in pre-final B.
- Good performance for Paavo Tonteri (CRG Racing Team - CRG - TM Racing), author of a comeback of 12 positions. The Finn reaches third position, followed behind by Tom Leuillet (Leclerc by Lennox Racing - Birel Art - TM Racing), fourth, and by Stan Pex (SP Motorsport - KR - TM Racing), fifth.
- Remarkable recovery also Giuseppe Palomba (Birel Art Racing - Birel Art - TM Racing), able to score +14 positions between qualifying and qualifying heats and to finish in sixth place. Jeremy Iglesias (CRG Racing Team - CRG - TM Racing) drops to seventh place, while Arthur Carbonnel (CPB Sport - Sodikart - TM Racing) falls back to eighth. Moritz Ebner (Birel Art Racing - Birel Art - TM Racing), ninth, and Kris Haanen (SP Motorsport - KR - TM Racing) close the Top 10.
- Viktor Gustavsson (CRG Racing Team - CRG - TM Racing) and Paul Rieberer (Birel Art Racing KSW - Birel Art - TM Racing) are at the foot of the Top 10, 11th and 12th respectively. Michel Paparo (IPK Official Racing Team - IPK - TM Racing) climbs 18 positions and is 13th, ahead of Pedro Hiltbrand (Birel Art Racing - Birel Art - TM Racing), 14th, and Iaroslav Shevyrtalov (Team Komarov - Tony Kart - TM Racing).
- The lack of experience in standing starts does not play in favor of Arvid Lindblad (SP Motorsport - KR - TM Racing), who dropped from third to 22nd place. Little luck also at Tony Kart Racing Team, with Adrien Renaudin (Tony Kart Racing Team - Tony Kart - Vortex) from 9th to 20th due to a retirement.
- Also behind was David Liwinski (Leclerc by Lennox Racing - Birel Art - TM Racing), 5th in qualifying and 24th today. Unfortunately, in the second heat, the Pole's front spoiler comes off, forcing him to retire.
- Two great comebacks (of 22 positions and 21 positions) and two fast laps in the first and third heat are an excellent calling card for Emilien Denner (Sodikart - Sodikart - TM Racing) after yesterday's unfortunate episode in qualifying. Too bad for the retirement, following a contact, in the second heat, which stopped the Frenchman in 30th place.
- Bad accident for Francesco Celenta (Parolin Motorsport - Parolin - TM Racing) and Corentin Rousseau (CPB Sport - Sodikart - TM Racing) in the B-D heat, the second of the day. At the first corner after the start, Rousseau comes into contact with another competitor, loses control of his kart and hits an innocent Celenta. The Italian ends up against the barriers that protect the marshals' position, while the kart makes a dangerous pirouette. Both drivers have been transported to the hospital for checks: Celenta is doing well and will try to participate in the pre-final tomorrow, while Rousseau has a fractured right arm.
OK: Matheus Ferreira gives way to Luigi Coluccio
- It is an Italian driver who is at the top of the general classification of the OK category. Luigi Coluccio (Tony Kart Racing Team - Tony Kart - Vortex) confirms the excellent feeling with the Lonato track and gets two wins, a second place and a fastest lap in the qualifying heats. At the end of the day, the Tony Kart Racing Team bishop is first with 8 positions gained.
- Matheus Ferreira (KR Motorsport - KR - IAME), author of the pole position in qualifying, signs a victory, a second place and a fifth, as well as a fast lap, but the Brazilian is not enough to remain in the lead who, instead, relegates in second position.
- At his debut in the category, Freddie Slater (Ricky Flynn Motorsport - LN - Vortex) is already one of the main protagonists, so much so as to obtain a victory in the first heat. Only a small "flaw" in the third heat does not allow the Briton to go beyond the third position in the standings.
- In the Top 5, the best climbers of the day are Akshay Bohra (KR Motorsport - KR - IAME) and Ean Eyckmans (EGP Racing Team - Tony Kart - Vortex): the Indonesian gains 13 positions and settles in fourth place, while the Belgian climbs 15 positions in the overall standings and is 5th.
- Kean Nakamura Berta (KR Motorsport - KR - IAME) also did well, moving from tenth place to sixth. Behind him, Maksimilian Popov (Ward Racing - Tony Kart - Vortex) leaps from 21st place to 7th. Pure James Egozi (Tony Kart Racing Team - Tony Kart - Vortex), also on his debut in the "Senior", is the protagonist of a good climb: from 16th to 8th.
- Joel Bergström (Forza Racing - Exprit - TM Racing), ninth, and Tuukka Taponen (Tony Kart Racing Team - Tony Kart - Vortex), tenth, closed the Top 10, close to Maxim Rehm (Ricky Flynn Motorsport - LN - Vortex), in any case able to recover 13 positions up to 11th place in the ranking.
- Gustaw Wisniewski (Forza Racing - Exprit - TM Racing) lost 10 positions, now 12th in the overall standings. The Pole precedes Artem Severiukhin (Ward Racing - Tony Kart - Vortex), 13th, and Matteo De Palo (KR Motorsport - KR - IAME), 14th. Luka Sammalisto (KR Motorsport - KR - IAME) falls back to 15th place, just ahead of Enzo Deligny (Parolin Motorsport - Parolin - TM Racing, 16th.
- After yesterday's good qualifying, Rintaro Sato (KR Motorsport - KR - IAME) moved up to 31st place due to a retirement in the second heat. Same fate for Alex Powell (KR Motorsport - KR - IAME), 34th and retired in the third heat.
OKJ: René Lammers takes the lead in the standings
- Thanks to three wins and two second places in the qualifying heats, René Lammers (Parolin Motorsport - Parolin - TM Racing) gains a position in the overall standings and takes the lead. The Dutchman makes no mistakes between yesterday and today and will be able to start in front of everyone in pre-final A scheduled for tomorrow.
- An excellent path also for Enea Frey (Ricky Flynn Motorsport - LN - Vortex), also able to gain a position and move up to second position. The Swiss collects three wins, a second place and a third and will be in pole position in pre-final B.
- The surprise of these qualifying heats is Oleksandr Bondarev (Ricky Flynn Motorsport - LN - Vortex). The Ukrainian, a newcomer to Ricky Flynn Motorsport, scores a victory, three second places and a fourth, recovered a total of 11 positions and placed himself in third position.
- Confirmation also arrives from Andres Cardenas (Energy Corse - Energy Corse - TM Racing), winner of the WSK Champions Cup last week. The Peruvian wins two qualifying heats, earns a total of 7 positions and grabs fourth place.
- Dmitry Matveev (Koski Motorsport - Tony Kart - Vortex) loses the leadership, yesterday the fastest in qualifying. The Russian signs three wins, but a sixth and a seventh place ruin his score in the qualifying heats and drag him to fifth position.
- Two positions lost also for Maciej Gladysz (Ricky Flynn Motorsport - LN - Vortex), now sixth in the general standings. Unlike William Go (Forza Racing - Exprit - TM Racing), who maintains seventh position, and Miguel Costa (Sauber Academy - KR - IAME), who moved from 12th to eighth.
- Notable recoveries for Kirill Kutskov (Birel Art Racing - Birel Art - TM Racing), Nathan Tye (Sodikart - Sodikart - TM Racing) and Reno Francot (Birel Art Racing - Birel Art - TM Racing). Kutskov climbs 20 positions and reaches ninth position, with Tye behind him (tenth) thanks to a comeback of 18 positions. Finally, Francot scores +25 positions compared to qualifying and is 12th, behind Lucas Fluxa Cross (KR Motorsport - KR - IAME), 11th.
- Completing the Top 15 are Martin Molnar (KR Motorsport - KR - IAME), from 6th to 13th, Adam Hideg (DPK Racing - KR - IAME), from 20th to 14th and Marcus Saeter (Ward Racing - Tony Kart - Vortex ), from 26 ° to 15 °. Also noteworthy is the comeback of 49 positions by Anatoly Khavalkin (Parolin Motorsport - Parolin - TM Racing), 18th.
- Great performances also for Tomass Stolcermanis (Energy Corse - Energy Corse - TM Racing) after a subdued qualifying ended in the rear. The Latvian scores five fastest laps in the five qualifying heats, but a retirement in the last heat blocks him in 25th place.
MINI: Jindrich Pesl's overwhelming comeback
- Great protagonist of the WSK Champions Cup last weekend, Jindrich Pesl (Babyrace Driver Academy - Parolin - IAME) does not disappoint expectations in the qualifying heats. The Czech driver collects three wins, a second place and a fourth, gains 14 positions in the overall standings and leaps to first position.
- Filippo Sala (Team Driver Racing Kart - KR - IAME), yesterday among the fastest in qualifying and then author of excellent results in the qualifying heats, keeps steady the second position. The Italian also wins three victories, as well as a third place and a fifth.
- Iacopo Martinese (Babyrace Driver Academy - Parolin - IAME) is not far behind. In fact, the Italian climbs a total of 19 positions in the general standings with two wins and gets the third position. Dries Van Langendonck (Parolin Motorsport - Parolin - TM Racing) climbs to fourth place, while Kilian Josseron (Team Driver Racing Kart - KR - IAME) signs +15 positions compared to qualifying and is fifth.
- After yesterday's pole position, Christian Costya (Parolin Motorsport - Parolin - TM Racing) drops to sixth, as does Niklas Schaufler (Emme Racing - EKS - TM Racing) who loses four positions and is seventh. Davide Bottaro (AVRacing - Parolin - TM Racing) drops to eighth position, ahead of David Cosma-Cristofor (Gulstar Racing - KR - IAME), ninth with + 9 gains in the standings, and Oliver Palocko (Babyrace Driver Academy - Parolin - IAME), tenth.
- Unfortunately, Dean Hoogendoorn (Alonso Kart by Kidix - Alonso Kart - IAME) goes from sixth to 14th after the qualifying heats. Billy Van Staveren (Babyrace Driver Academy - Parolin - IAME) also climbs back, from 8th to 18th. Even Luka Fedorenko (Gamoto - EKS - TM Racing), 4th yesterday, is 20th.