The Sauber Karting Team is delighted to announce that driver David Zachary from the Philippines has joined the Team and will compete in OK Senior class in all major International Karting events in 2022!
Zachary completed his debut season in OK Senior last weekend on the Circuit of Adria (north of Italy); this racing weekend was the perfect occasion for the talented Philippine to wear the Sauber colors for the first time in an official racing weekend!
David was already driving with Kart Republic; they were impressed with Zachary’s speed since they first started working together in OK Junior class; after jumping over to Senior, David kept growing and improving, now being a constant presence in the top 10.
“It feels rewarding to be part of the Sauber karting team as it is something I wanted when I first saw it! This opportunity would further help me in my career with all the connections that Sauber has, and as a Filipino it feels good to be able to represent my Country on the world stage of motorsports.
I would like to take this opportunity to say many thanks to the Kart Republic family, especially Mr Dino Chiesa for this opportunity!”
David Zachary is currently the only Philippine driver in international karting; so far he has shown unparalleled commitment and passion, making him one of the reference drivers in the International Karting scene, one to keep an eye on for the future!
With Zachary joining the squad, the Sauber Karting Team has now reinforced its lineup with another contender for the win in 2022!
- 2014 Karting debut in the Philippines at age 7
- 2015 Philippine National Series Cadet Champion / Asian Karting Open; Overall Champion
- 2016 Started continental competitions in Asia / Philippine National Series Champion
- 2017 First Podium at the Iame Series Asia / Philippine National Series Mini Rok Champion
- 2018 Iame Series Asia Champion overall / Asian Karting Open Championship Mini Rok Champion
- 2019 Up to OK Junior
- 2020 FIA Academy Overall 8th / 1st World Championship, OKJ 21st overall
- 2021 Moved full time to Europe / First race in OK Senior in Lonato; finished P6 overall
Press Release © Sauber Karting Team